Monday, October 12, 2009

So much to do, so little time

This quarter is already flying by! With class, work, clubs, and social events, I am lucky I have the time to eat.  There's always time for more right? I'm going to start with the present and move my way back in time...

This past weekend I went to Monterey to visit Brenton and Sarah for the grand opening of Om Oasis.  It is absolutely beautiful.  The studio offers not only yoga, but spin, pilates, personal training, massage, and nutrition counseling.  If I lived in Monterey I would go there all the time! (and not just because I'm family)  On Sunday, we woke up early and went on a hike out in Carmel Valley.  We brought Brent and Sarah's two bulldogs, hula and lulu, and our golden retriever Truman.  It was beautiful. Absolutely stunning.  I felt like I was walking through some sort of tropical island, but then we returned to the car and I had to come to my senses.  It's so nice when you find those places in California that really make you appreciate where you live.  It was also great to be with my family.

Last weekend was insane.  Erika volunteers for the San Luis Obispo Children's Museum and they put on a fundraising event last Friday.  Erk asked them if I could join and they said yes.  The theme was Beatles and of course we dressed to impress:
 

We were in charge of the "musical petting zoo":


And then we got to listen to some great music (all Beatles Covers):


There was a dessert auction at the event and 10 cupcakes went for over $200!! A cake went for around $500, we got to have a taste:

The next night Mckenna came into town to celebbrate her birthday, we went out for a glass of wine at Del's in Shell Beach, and then to Thai food down the street, sooo yummy.




It was great  fun! We stayed up late, danced our booties off and woke up the next morning to a wonderful breakfast.  Now, it's Monday, I have an art history midterm tomorrow, a sculpture installation project due on Wednesday and magazine club all week.  I hope everyone is doing snazzy.  It's time to get to work...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog. "Stunning" young women..!!!
    Love your stuff
    Mom

    ReplyDelete