Monday, September 14, 2009

Los Olivos

On Saturday, Erika was getting ready to go to work when she asked me, "Tomorrow do you want to go on a little day trip to Los Olivos?" She asked in her articulate, yet childish way that even though you don't know what the heck is in Los Olivos, the excitement that resonates in her tone doesn't allow you to say no. And I'm glad I didn't. Los Olivos is right off the 154 on your way down to Santa Barbara. It is the cutest little town, that over the years has become wine oriented. I learned as I was waiting in line for the only public bathroom (which was actually a fancy porto-potty) that the town was built on Native American land and there is no sewage system, which means it all has to remain above ground... pretty interesting. We started off the day taking back roads to pismo, stopping by the beauty store for purple shampoo, and listening to an old mix cd that was perfect for the road trip mood the three of us (amy came too!) were in. When we got there we enjoyed a great little picnic, a bottle of wine, took pictures and adventured around the adorable town. The town has great little shops with things like wonderful smelling soaps, candles, and beautiful dishware. We stumbled upon a great art gallery that is featuring an exhibit on underwater life. It is stunning. As our walk continued, we found ourselves in a wine tasting room that features a company called enjoy cupcakes. All I can say is, AMAZING. Not only were they beautiful, they tasted so good that my mouth waters just at the thought. This is there website, you should seriously check it out: www.enjoycupcakes.com. She adds ingredients like chardonnay and syrah, they are DE-LICIOUS. Here are some pictures from her website:

They are seriously pieces of art. Devine beauty. Now, I don't mean to be doing a PR piece for Los Olivos, so all I'll say is that if you're ever in the area, you should check it out, it's quaint, quiet, and delightful. I think we all learned from our day outing that it's good to get out of our usual routine and stir it up a bit. We had a great time. Thanks Erk!

ps I'm starting to like this blog contraption. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing about Enjoy Cupcakes!!! I am stoked you liked our treats. Warmly, Amber

    ReplyDelete